Saturday, August 16, 2008

The drama and the search for Dr.Mcdreamy ...

It was wedding was more than what we've hoped for.  Perfect weather... solemn ceremony...the people that mattered we're there... For us it was dreamy...

But the day after was a different story. 

Saturday - on our way back to Manila, Richard received a text message saying my sister had a seizure and they to rush her to Medical City. All I could do is pray and cry. Traffic pa sa SLEX. We had to stop at Muntinlupa then when home to Quezon City after which we went to Medical City to visit my sister. At that time, all was unknown to us what caused her seizure.

Sunday - we had to push thru with lunch with relatives and friends that was planned weeks before the wedding. Nobody knew about Ate's situation. Just Tatay, Kuya and Me. We had to keep it among ourselves, even from Nanay. Mahirap mag entertain ng guests, knowing Ate is in the hospital and that evening Kuya was leaving for the US. 

Monday- still no word from the doctors what was wrong with Ate.

Tuesday- 1am she had her MRI. Come morning we knew what it was... A 4.5x4.5cm tumor on Ate's left brain. It was putting pressure on her brain hence the seizure.  

Come wednesday we were discharged from Medical City and we were advised to shop around for a Neuro Surgeon.

Thursday -  We talked to 2 Neuro Surgeons, still looking for Mcdreamy... Was supposed to fly out  and go back to work but had to rebook. Sis needs me here. 

Friday -  Talked to Doctor number 3. Still confused on who we trust Ate's life with.

Ate is doing fine these days doing normal stuff. But we need her "bukol" to be removed soon. We're scheduling her operation on August 21 and we definitely need your prayers. Let us pray for her doctor, for Ate and her recovery. 

Also please pray for me na I'd be strong for my family. I am physically, emotionally and financially drained.  :(  I do hope I still have work waiting for me in NZ.  Work will take a back seat for now as i'd be in Manila indefinitely...

No comments: